Boise (by Jared Ropelato)
Follow my travel blog: cornersoftheworld!
And now we have come full circle.
OMFG!!! hilarious! :D
all 46 excuses on my friends wall,
1. i was just really, really early for tomorrow
2. we can’t all be usain bolt
3. in this day and age, we shouldn’t need labels like “late”
4. i had pe first period do you blame me
5. i really, really didn’t want to sing
6. my brother thought it would be hilarious to drop me outside the prison gates
7. you can’t tell me how to live my life
9. my legs fell off and i had to roll all the way to the emergency clinic
10. there was a freak yachting accident
11. i am a fucking retard
12. this is just for my wall
13. do you even read these
14. “it does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop”
15. i spent my entire night writing tom daley fanfiction
16. my father left my mother for an air hostess seven years ago do you expect me to get over that emotional trauma overnight
17. sarah palin and i got into a twitter war and i couldn’t leave and let her win
18. traffic jammy jammy jam
19. how can i go to school when alex turner
20. my sim was having an emotional meltdown and i needed to be there for her
21. i was sticking it to the man
22. i spent my entire night worrying if i would ever lose my virginity
23. fifty shades of late; i was walking and then i caught the eye of an attractive member of the opposite sex and we began exchanging significant looks and i knew we would one day make sweet love so i just walked alongside him and tried to catch his eye and to be continued
24. part two he was playing hard to get so we walked and walked and he had the perfect hair colour it was sort of beige brown anyway it turned out he was walking to a bus stop so obviously i had to catch the bus because true love and silently we rode out to papakura and into the sunset
25. my meth lab caught fire
26. my bed is more comfortable than your school will ever be
27. i was sad
28. it was a nice day, so i walked leisurely
29. i had beat my younger brother for saying “swag”
30. i had to travel back to the 1950’s to ensure my birth
31. 2 kool 4 scool
32. i had to stop, collaborate and listen
33. i tried
34. i’m sorry i’m late
it’s not my fault
my auntie was killed
and i joined a cult
35. a haiku about lateness:
late late late late late
late late late late late late late
late late late late late
36. my best friend was telling me how to give a satisfactory blow job i wish i was joking
37. i was fashionably late
38. i was caught in a flash mob true story omfg
39. i did not choose the late life, the late life chose me
45. i was fighting al qaeda
OH MY GFUCKING GOD
Pull away the face from those pages.
Don’t let your demons put pen to paper.
Throw your story to the sky and sing!
WHILE THESE TAINTED SOULS ARE FALLING APART!
I’LL SMILE AT WHAT I’VE DONE!
CONQUERED AND DESTROYED THE DOUBT IN FRONT OF ME!
MY LIFE IS BLISS!
MY LIFE IS THIS-DREAM!
Count the sunsets and etch the horizon into frame
Everything will unfold right into your hands
Until the year ends and the sun burns out
We will be the ones shouting out
OUR DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE!
A HEART FILLED WITH FIGHT AND DESIRE!
EXPOSED TO THE STARS FOR AN ETERNITY OF LIGHT!
The tools are here, to build a whole new machine
Pick yourself up and cross the burning bridge.
Make a new skyline of everything that shines
Create a new life outside these chalk lines.
YOUR DEMONS ARE HUNTING YOU DOWN!
TO KILL AT THE CLOCK’S FIRST RING!
BUT THEY CAN’T KILL WHAT THEY CAN’T FIND!
THEY’RE CLAWING THROUGH THE HILLS!
BUT THEY’LL NEVER REACH THE SKY!
We’re riding this train tonight, with or without you
To seek and destroy all the misery we’ve felt
This is where we get off; Last stop in the middle of hell.
Find your demons and yell
RUN YOU COWARDS!
MY DREAMS CREATED THESE FIRES!
NOW BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN!
I’m gonna blog about what I feel inside right now.
I have always wanted to be a professional musician. I eventually want to be heard on the radio and I want to be on a stage, traveling the world with thousands of people screaming the lyrics to my songs. I want to be on a tour bus for days on end…
This plays through my head at all times.
The laws in the Old Testament were set forth by God as the rules the Hebrews needed to follow in order to be righteous, to atone for the sin of Adam and Eve and to be able to get into Heaven. That is also why they were required to make sacrifices, because it was part of the appeasement for Original Sin.
According to Christian theology, when Jesus came from Heaven, it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter Heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said “it is finished” when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don’t have to circumcise their sons (God’s covenant with Jacob), that is why they don’t have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.
When you quote Leviticus as God’s law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what God or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying, as a Christian, is that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws. That is what you, a self-professed good Christian, are saying to your God and his son, that their plan for your salvation wasn’t good enough for you.
So maybe actually read the thing before you start quoting it, because the implications of your actions go a lot deeper than you think.
-An atheist who understands Christian theology better than Bible-thumpers do.
THAT’S RIGHT, STUDY THE BIBLE.
(Scream): Don’t let this consume you for
The waves will come crashing down
To end a night full of twists and turns
And wash away from your memory, all the scars and burns.
(Sing): Where are you in this catastrophe?
We need you now more than ever before.
We’re searching for the light at the end of this tunnel
To seek an escape from the madness.
Free us from the ties that bind us to our seats.
Up front and center in this junkyard of piled dreams.
They stand beside the guillotine and wait for the next in line
To say goodnight, one last time.
(Scream): We are the keepers of this sullen wasteland.
Open your eyes and see where you stand.
Chase the sun until they know
That you are the ones in control.
TEAR THIS PLACE APART!
THEY WONT GET OUT CLEAN!
SEND THEM THROUGH THE GAUNTLET!
ONE BY ONE!
i wish there was a camera following me around 24/7 so whenever someone said something stupid i could look directly into the...